Donation to Support the Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Creating Sacred Space


(The picture is the sacred jar of stories and altar I created during the writing of the book Conscious Choices: An Evolutionary Woman's Guide to Life. It was created to honor each woman's voice.)

I am in a deep process of change. Opening to the experience of possibilities for a living space with my daughter. Will we be able to stay in our apt or will we be moving soon? It is a day to day exploration.

The first night I received donations on this blog, I felt love and support. The love offerings from women, many of whom are living moment to moment financially themselves, filled me with gratitude. I sent love to each woman, heart to heart.

I created an altar space and wrote each woman's name on an index card and placed it in a gift bag. Around the bag, I added candles, an angel holding a lamp, a golden quartz crystal, goddess cards, and symbols of gratitude and support. I lit the candles and stood in front of the altar saying a heartfelt blessing for them all.

Maybe the instinct to do this comes from my mother and her lessons on writing thank you notes throughout my childhood. Maybe it comes from a soul connection to honoring and ritual. Whatever it is, the instinct to do this is as natural as breathing, sleeping and eating to me.

At the end of the night, I sent an e-mail titled Day 1: A gratitude blessing. These are the words I shared with the women:

Blessings to you all,

This morning, my Divine assignment was to step into clarity and asking. When the first gift arrived, I could feel another step on this sacred journey.

I was awakened the other morning with the words in my heart, "We have to let go of things in the way we know them." I rolled the words in my mind and they came again. As I reached in the dark for paper and pen to write them down, I heard, "It is time to walk through the looking glass." I lay back down and asked to be shown more and I saw a shimmering field like a stargate and I could see through it. I was told again, it is time to walk through it and I could see a whole world of people on the other side. It felt like leaving one world to enter another, like a paradigm shift.

This was the day after going to the courthouse to fill out paperwork to respond to the eviction.

I will continue blogging with each guided step. I am intrigued by the journey and curious as to the deeper learning and teaching emerge.

I have created an altar of gratitude and have placed each of your names there. I am saying a special prayer blessing that your gift is multiplied and returned to you tenfold. Be ready for unexpected blessings...

In deep love, honoring and gratitude,
Andrea


More to the unfolding story in the blog tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment